My post from the Fundraiser7 blog:
Running a successful fundraising operation requires detailed planning in order to succeed. Below are a few reasons why a detailed fundraising plan is critical for each and every fundraising campaign.
A Fundraising Plan:
- Provides Organization. Acts as working guideline that creates order.
- Sets Deadlines. Tells you when you need the money.
- Provides Credibility. Shows donors the financials that prove the effort can be a success.
- Acts as a fundraising tool. Shows why you need the money. Shows that you are serious about the effort.
- Defines Responsibility/ Provides Accountability. Determines who does what. Holds them to that.
- Measures progress. Necessary adjustments can be made before it is too late.
Begin developing your fundraising plan today. It should include a complete list of expenses, the dollar amount that it will take meet those expenses, a plan for raising the funds to meet that dollar amount, and finally, a timeline showing when you need to raise the money, when expenses will occur, and when fundraising activities are planned.
Plan today. It will mean more money in the bank!